The skilled and talented designers at Hefez & Sons can design and craft the engagement ring, wedding band, or fine jewelry item of your personal creation. Provide us with the information, and one of our designers will work with you to prepare drawings of your design for your approval.
Remounting & Refitting
We offer a large selection of new settings for your cherished diamonds, gemstones, and family heirlooms. Visit our showrooms for a personal consultation about the range of options open to you. We also happily resize rings to make them fit properly.
To help you care for and extend the life of your fine jewelry, Hefez & Sons offers the following jewelry care services:
- We carefully remove diamonds and precious gemstones from their settings and polish them, to remove surface scratches and bring your jewelry back to its original sparkle.
- We offer a wide variety of repair services, including replacing stones, matching missing pieces, and re-stringing pearls to restore your jewelry to wearable condition.
- We perform steam and ultrasonic cleanings to remove accumulated dirt and oils from your fine jewelry.
Hefez & Sons offers customers accurate and in-depth appraisals. All appraisals are professionally completed and are accepted by all insurance companies. In the event of the loss of your precious possessions, it is important to know that you are fully protected. By making sure that all your jewelry is accurately appraised and insured, you’ll be assured that you are properly compensated if a loss does occur.
Caring for Your Jewelry
Do you know how to care for and clean your precious jewelry and gemstones? Proper care of your jewelry will make your gemstone sparkle and last for generations.
To take proper care of your jewelry, follow these guidelines:
- Remove your jewelry before taking part in any activity where there might be a risk of impact. Not even a diamond (the hardest of gemstones) is invincible to blows.
- Avoid exposure of your jewelry to chemicals. Chemicals can damage the polished surface of porous gemstones and possibly discolor them. Examples of porous gemstones include: opals, emeralds, pearls, lapis lazuli, turquoise, and amber.
- Diamonds, sapphires, and rubies can be cleaned in water mixed with a little ammonia. Use a soft toothbrush to remove any accumulation of dirt. Ultrasonic cleaners can also be used to clean these gemstones.
- Porous or soft gemstones should be cleaned with a damp, clean, soft cloth. Ultrasonic cleaners are not recommended for these gemstones.
- Pearls need a little extra care by avoiding contact with perfume and hairspray. It is best to put on pearls just before going out.
- Have your pearls re-strung when they seem loose to the touch and the silk cord discolors.
- Store each piece of fine jewelry separately.
- Periodic visits to us for service will help ensure that all your stones are set tightly.